Friday, May 25, 2012

March 23rd

March 23rd is my Great Aunt Mary's birthday.  I was extremely close to my Aunt Mary.  She lived so close to us when I was little that she was over at our house or we were at her apartment all the time.  So much of who I am today is because of my Aunt Mary. 

I prayed daily to my Aunt Mary and Grandma Rita asking them to help me get pregnant.  While Chad and I were trying to conceive, I was pretty convinced I wasn't pregnant, but I wanted to take the pregnancy test on March 23rd on the slight chance I could be just because it was my Aunt Mary's birthday.  I was shocked when the test was positive that I started drinking tons of water while brushing my teeth just so I could take another test, which of course was positive again.  March 23rd has always been special, but now even more so because it's the day I found out that my prayers were answered and my dream of one day becoming a mom was coming true! ;)

Because I didn't want to just show a pregnancy test to Chad, I had already had a onesie made with "Little Darling" and a lamb on it since Chad raised sheep when he was in 4-H.  I gave him the present and his first response was "really?' and his eyes welled up with tears.  I'll never forget that moment! 

Our special onesie and my baby blanket my Aunt Mary made for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment