Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Man Cave/Room or Chad's Office

When Chad and I were house hunting, we really wanted a house with an upstairs loft or a basement.  All the houses that had those spaces either were in ucky neighborhoods or had so many other repairs in the house or both that they weren't worth it, so our new house has neither.  But being such a nice wife (heehee), I gave Chad the largest spare room to turn into his "man cave".  Well, I'm also such a nice wife that I helped him paint, organize and get all his sports stuff, collectibles, and keepsakes out.  I started the project in the summer, but finally finished it up this week.  Here are the before and afters of Chad's office: 

BEFORE: Back Wall

BEFORE: Treadmill Wall

BEFORE: Front Wall

AFTER: Front Wall (His Cardinals collage and a Bulls poster over the TV)

AFTER: Treadmill Wall (I painted the hooks for his 1/2 marathon medals (although mine is the last one) and then all his 4-H plagues above)

AFTER: Window Wall


AFTER: Front Wall (I organized his collectibles and bought boxes for his signed football and mini-helmet (signed by Devin Hester of course!!)

AFTER: Back Wall (painted the one wall and added all the Bears (and one ND) items to it)


We still hope to make some changes to this room in the future.  Chad of course wants to get my old box TV out of the room and get another flat screen for his room and then I'd like to get him a smaller desk and put a futon up there.  

No comments:

Post a Comment