The loss of Chad's father, Jerry, was very difficult on Chad and it's still very painful for Chad to even talk about him. We knew we wanted to honor his father at our wedding. During the Prayers of the Faithful at our Mass, we had a special intention for his father. Chad was aware of the intention, but he still let out a gasp when it was read. It reminded me of my Grandma Obringer, who gasped at my sister's wedding when the intention was read for my Great Aunt Mary, her older sister. My Grandma wasn't aware we were going to do this and she said that all week long she had felt Mary's presence and that was her sign she was there. I think Chad's gasp was also the realization that his Dad was right there with us. When we went to the Grotto, we definitely remembered Chad's Dad in our prayers.
![]() |
| The picture of Chad's father at our reception |
![]() |
| Lighting a candle at the Grotto for our family and for a blessed life together |
I knew I wanted to add something to my bouquet to make it more special. It didn't take me long to decide to put my Great Aunt Mary's Rosary, which was held together by a medal my Grandma brought back from Medjugorje for her. I have many memories of praying the Rosary in the front room of my Grandma's house with both my Aunt Mary and my Grandma and my Aunt Mary always had the same white Rosary. When I got the telephone call at work that Chad was in ICU and not doing well, I raced home after school and one of the things I made sure I brought to the hospital with me was Aunt Mary's Rosary and it stayed in my pocket every time I went to visit Chad.
![]() |
| My bouquet with my Aunt Mary's Rosary |
As Chad and I continue our journey together, we know we have some special angels watching us along the way.



I love how thoughtful you guys were. I'm so glad you were able to honor your loved ones in such clear, heartwarming way.
ReplyDelete