 |
| Our House in October |
When Chad and I first got engaged, the subject of where to live after we were married was one of the first topics of discussion. Chad's lease on his townhouse was up in June and the lease on my apartment was up in late August. Since the interest rates were so low and it was such a buyer's market, we decided we would go ahead and look for a house starting in March because we figured it would take a lot of looking. Little did we know we would find such a great house for us so quickly. The house had been foreclosed on in September 2010 and then flipped, so we got a great deal! We closed on our house in mid-April and have been loving it ever since.
I think I fell in love with the neighborhood as much as the house. There is a golf course, tennis court, basketball court, playground, and pool in the neighborhood, but what I love more are the trees and common space. Chad and I only have one next door neighbor, an empty nester couple, and that is it because we're on the corner and our backyard backs up to a large common area.
 |
| The view of across the street |
 |
| Backyard and Common Area |
|
While the house is great, we have already made some renovations to it. The house was built in 1993 in the age of shiny brass and oak, so we're slowly working on ridding the house of that ugliness!
 |
| BEFORE: Downstairs Half bath |
 |
| AFTER: Downstairs Half bath |
 |
| BEFORE: Upstairs Hall Bathroom |
 |
| AFTER: Upstairs Hall Bathroom |
 |
| BEFORE: Family Room |
 |
| AFTER: Family Room |
And of course, I still have my list of dream projects
1) Hardwood floors on the entire main level. (I've fallen in love with aged/rustic hickory)
2) Building a sun room/4 seasons room/hearth room off the kitchen where we currently have our patio, so then we can have more of an eat-in-kitchen out there and then put an island where the current kitchen table is located.
3) Putting molding under all the chair rails in the dining room, living room and then staircase and upstairs hallway.
4) Getting a new vanity in the master bathroom and new walk-in shower.
A girl can dream, right? Oh the joys of home ownership! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment